The Nogai hotel complex is situated in the 'Press house' historical building. It was built in 1937 by Semyon Pen in the constructivism style.
The architect constructed the building in a shape of a huge open book. The simple straight lines adjoin the slow curves while the huge face of the building is being lightened by the panoramic rows of windows.
The building was supposed to accommodate all the existing Kazan publishing companies and had a state-of-art printing house. For many years its first floor hosted Kazan's largest book shop.
The building has seen many famous writers, the meetings of the poet Ğabdulla Tuqay club. During the Second World War it held the meetings of USSR Writers Union that was evacuated to Kazan. Aleksey Tolstoy, Victor Ardov, Valentin Kataev, Pavel Finn, Lev Oshanin, Samuil Marshak, Alexander Fadeyev worked in this building.